Embrace Your Strange
C’mon… you know you wanna.
We Make Weird Beer Awesome
Twisted Hippo Taproom and Eatery is proud to be a brewery located smack dab in the middle of Albany Park, Irving Park, Ravenswood Manor, and Horner Park neighborhoods in Chicago.
We brew damned fine craft beer that is artful by design and twisted by nature. We proudly celebrate diversity, sustainability, and creativity in everything we do in our Chicago community and beyond.
Our food can best be described as American-style pub food with a multicultural twist, with plenty housemade delicacies.
Did we mention we also have some amazing cocktails? We do – even fancy and delicious beer cocktails.
Cheers and hope to see you soon!
Happy Anniversary to Us!
We are so excited about our one-year anniversary on January 10th! We’re kicking off the festivities Friday with new beer releases – including a couple of barrel-aged offerings, one of which will be bottled – along with our NEW mug club, brewery tours, and much more. The fun runs through the weekend (or until beers are kicked, we suppose). Check it out…⠀
1. Special Release Barrel-Aged Beer: Trace Amigos is our Scotch Ale barrel-aged in Buffalo Trace barrels and it’s YUMMY GOOD. We’ll have this one alongside our popular You Otter Know and the original Scotch Ale Without a Trace for comparison. Bottles will be available of Trace Amigos! 😍⠀
2. Introducing our Mug Club! $35 Annually gets you…⠀
– A beer when you sign up⠀
– A crowler on your birthday (must be redeemed within 4 days of your birthday)⠀
– Access to Mug Club Wednesdays – free taster of New Release (if available), and $1 off any beer (excludes Collaboraction beers, special releases and high gravity beer if it’s limited)⠀
– 10% off Twisted Hippo merch online and in our taproom⠀
– Free Upgraded pour (+ 4 oz. typically) whenever you order⠀
– Commemorative Mug Club glass (available Feb 1st)⠀
3. Brewery Tours + Tastings: $20 includes a tour, a full pour of our Kölsch in a souvenir glass that you get to keep, and tastings of 4 additional beers (brewers discretion). We’ll have available days and times soon!⠀
4. Can-uary: We’re also selling individual cans of our Banner Beers for the month of January + a case discount of 10%. After all, a can is just a tiny keg, right?⠀
We can’t wait to give you a high five and say thanks in person for our first year! 🥰 🍻
Our First Bottle Release!
We’re so excited to see you and release our first ever taproom bottled beer with Trace Amigos, a bourbon barrel-aged Scotch Ale (Without a Trace)! 12 oz. bottles will be available starting at 4pm Friday January 10th. $13 per bottle to take home. Limit 2 per person.⠀
Want to try it right away? Grab a 5 oz. pour for $8 right in our taproom. Better still, you can try all of our Without a Trace Scotch Ale beers – the original non-barrel-aged version (full pour), You Otter Know which we aged in Oaty Otter barrels from our pals at Maplewood (5 oz.), and the new release Trace Amigos which we aged in Buffalo Trace barrels (5 oz.). Yum!⠀